Dax Laboratories Physician Support
Making a positive, ethical impact in the pain management community is the cornerstone of our core values. We are your partner. We want to make sure you are compliant with Federal and State testing guidelines and to know your patients are receiving the best possible care. We keep our pricing fair to make sure your patients are always able to afford their treatment. Our testing provides precise drug specific identification and analytical results of all drugs and metabolites, present or absent. Our testing provides health care professionals with critical information to support your patients’ overall treatment plans.
How often should I be testing my patients?
How do I get my patient’s results?
What are the laws governing drug testing?
Dax Laboratories provides toxicology services in close collaboration with our clients to ensure we meet their unique needs. We offer comprehensive diagnostic services and easy to interpret reports for our treating physicians. Drug and prescription monitoring is a clinical tool for physicians who need reliable test results about their patients’ use and/or misuse of prescribed medications, non-prescribed medications and/or illicit substances in order to make informed clinical decisions.
Specimen Packaging, Holding, Shipping & Rejection
Urine Specimen Cup
- Check that lid is secure to prevent leakage.
- Write 2 patient identifiers on the CUP.
- Place security seal from the requisition form over cup and lid.
Accepted Patient Identifiers
- Patient Full Name
- Patient DOB
- Last 4 of SS#
- Patient Identifiers must be on the CUP, not the lid.
Shipping & Holding Specimen
- Place the specimen(s) in the front of the biohazard bag
- Place documents in the pouch of the biohazard bag (Req Form, Pt Demographics, Ins Info, Current Meds)
- Seal biohazard bag
- Place sealed biohazard bag in shipping pack
- Samples may be stored in the refrigerator for up to 7 days, and may undergo a freeze/thaw cycle up to 4 times prior to analysis.
- Shipping should be via overnight delivery.